Monday, December 24, 2007

HOLIDAY GREETINGS


John Stallings

My little China doll granddaughter Lily is helping me get used to my new laptop. She’s 12 & actually knows more about computers than I do. Lia who is 7, is observing the process but doesn’t really want to tell me she also knows more than me. I wanted to check in with my readers & let you know Juda & I made it from Orlando to Philadelphia, in roughly 18 hours. Last night as we were driving from Washington D.C into Philly, it was raining sideways & extremely foggy. I had forgotten how much pointing the car & praying had to do with driving in the north in the winter time.

It’s Christmas Eve & the house here in West Chester is abuzz. My stepson Dan married into a family with eight sisters and two brothers so tomorrow, if not later to day they’ll begin to appear with there families. I’ll have to make my decision as I do most every year if I will buzz up to New York for the day Wednesday [Amtrak] & the weather does look promising. Juda as always, will opt not to go but to spend the time with her son & family.

Jeanne, Dan’s wife & I share the same b-day December 29th. That’s Saturday. We haven’t decided if we’ll stay that long but whatever the case we’ll go from here to Morristown Tennessee then to Kingston. We’ll be back in Florida, Lord willing, January 2d. Have a great Christmas & a happy New Year! ---John

No comments: