Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Be positive, for goodness sake

Humor me for a moment & tell me who or what I’m describing.

When family members come home, I drop what I’m doing & run to greet them.
I let others know when they’ve invaded my territory.
I take short naps & stretch before rising.
I usually turn around three or four times before lying down.-you need not do this.
I run, romp & play every day.
I eat with gusto & total concentration.
I’m extremely loyal.
I never pretend to be something I’m not.
If what I want is buried, I dig until I find it.
When someone’s having a bad day, I keep quiet, hang close & nuzzle them gently.
I never bite when a growl will suffice.
When I’m happy I dance around & wag my whole body.
No matter how often I’m scolded, I never pout but run right back & make friends.
I delight in small things, even long walks.

WHO AM I? Right, I’m your dog.

Wouldn’t it be cool if we humans were as sweet & nice as dogs? I’m fear we can’t compete but here are a few helpful hints.

Ask friends to share with you the bright spot of their day, instead of “How are you feeling?

Refuse to worry about things you can do nothing about.

Don’t give your advice just because you’re not using it at the moment.

Save time each day to be alone with God, you’ll notice the difference.

Take care of business & don’t let small jobs pile up. It makes you grouchy.

When thinking about the day to come, think of all the good that could happen.

Share what God is teaching you with the person you care the most about.

Talk openly with this person about the state of your attitude.

Count your blessings.

John Stallings- The description of the dog isn't original with me.


No comments: