Sunday, April 14, 2013

Goodnight Brother, I'll see you in the morning!



 By Dan Welch

 Our son Dan who lives in Philadelphia with his dear wife and five children, recently and suddenly lost a precious friend. He posted the following tribute on Facebook but I was so moved by it I wanted to share it with my blog readers.


 I have a dear beloved brother whose name is David Sacks,
His torch burns brightly for the glory of the Lord,
He is an magnificent man who is a man of many gifts.
He is a Man of God, who used his gifts as a photographer to capture,
Joy in the midst of despair, Hope, in the midst of poverty. He saw beauty where others would see only want.
 He was a rich man. Not because of his worldly successes; he has the jewels of a wonderful Wife, Children, Brother, Sisters, Mother, Father and extended family of which no bank's coffers could ever hold the wealth thereof. 

Last night, he stepped from the latitudes of earth, onto the latitudes of heaven.
His eyes are now seeing the glories that he so often spoke of beholding. My eyes are obscured by my tears of missing my dear brother.
I know that I will see him again. His legacy will not fade, no; his example leads me on; in hope in Jesus. Lord, could I only be as brave as my dear brother? I speak of him as alive because he is alive in a way that I can only hope to be.
I pray that I can follow his example of walking to the end of my time on earth in the same way that he did. Knowing that there is yet a Kingdom to come. Knowing that we will all be together in paradise.

No comments: