Saturday, April 24, 2010

An Open Letter To The President, Members of Congress, And the Press

By John Stallings


Dear Sir/madam,


If our nation survives, this time in history will be remembered as the time when the Constitution was trashed, the founding father’s principles were trodden underfoot, precious freedoms for which blood was spilt were arbitrarily destroyed, politicians in Washington arrogantly made up the rules as they went along & governed against the will of the people.


It will be remembered as a time when the law was circumvented by our national leaders deigning to insert themselves as the law, slowly dismantling our Democratic way of life.

Mr. Obama, you seem to be not only someone who isn’t convinced of American exceptional ism, but someone who resents the very country who elected him. While we wage righteous wars to liberate people of other countries you & your party are passing laws to curtail the freedoms in our country.

You have traveled the world bowing to our enemies & snubbing our friends. You caved to Russia by signing a nuclear agreement that could have been written by Putin himself.

I never thought I’d see the day when I’d hear America’s president begrudgingly say “America is a Superpower whether we like it or not, & because of this we run the risk of being drawn into some dangerous global situation.”

I didn’t realize when we sent our best & brightest to spill their blood on distant soil to beat back oppression & feed starving millions that we were “being drawn into some situation.” I thought we did it because that’s who we are.

Personally, I like the idea of my country being a dominate superpower, especially when I consider the alternative. I don’t even understand a mentality that has to question whether or not we like America being powerful.

I’ve been disturbed by your traveling the world apologizing for this great nation. If this country is so abysmal, why are there no lines streaming out of the U.S of A. I’m sure you’ve noticed they’re lined up trying to get in. Isn’t it interesting; they’re coming from the countries you think we ought to emulate & coming to the country you’re doing your best to “Fundamentally transform?”

The United States has gladly assumed enormous burdens of manpower & treasure to defend & provide a shield for the free world against hostile regimes & takeovers. Just in recent weeks we’ve led the way in supplying manpower & materials to rebuild nations that have been torn apart by natural disasters.

Our hardworking farmers have shouldered the task of feeding the world with our vast supply of grain. We have the greatest cities, national parks, system of super-highways, health care & research facilities, educational establishments, the greatest vacation spots, the greatest corporations & proportionally the largest middle-class of any nation in history. Why don’t you ever talk about these things?

I never thought I’d see the day when honest dissenters would be called racists. On the whole, Americans aren’t racist. If this was a nation of racists, there couldn’t be a black president.

Mr. Obama, in the dead of night, you have forced through a health care program that will not work, [thus far none of your programs is working] increased our national deficit & put yourself at loggerheads with the policies of Israel, a tiny nation trying to survive. I might add- a nation that has always been America’s friend.

No president in my memory has ever divided the country as quickly & pervasively as you have. What’s more, you don’t seem to care. What’s even worse, you seem to have no regard for, nor will to hear the voices of the people who elected you to office.

Speaking of division, you will no doubt remember the ancient story of Solomon & the two women both claiming to be the mother of the same baby. Wise Solomon declared there is only one solution: the baby must be split in two, each woman receiving half of the child. The liar screamed “divide it.” Solomon instantly gives the baby to the real mother realizing that the true mother’s instincts were to protect her baby while the liar revealed that she didn’t truly love the child.

This- to me has always been a perfect metaphor that applied in a marriage, family, church or a nation i.e.—the individual with counterfeit affection never seems to mind standing by & watching unity & cohesion destroyed.

I never thought I’d see a president lead us to abandon our plans for continued space exploration & further explain that a system we paid billions for would fade into oblivion. From now on we’ll hitchhike into space with the Chinese or the Russians & very soon the space-stations flying above our heads will be controlled by someone other than Americans. Not a good scenario.

I never thought I’d hear Scientists clap their approval when their president tells them—“Forget the moon, let’s go to an Asteroid.” Maybe they’d also like to forget that soon there’ll be an outpost on the moon or some other planet but it won’t belong to Americans. I understand that these scientists would like to keep their jobs & not join the growing millions of unemployed, many of whom have given up even looking for work.

I never thought I’d see the day when so many promises would be broken, so many lies would be told, congress would deliberate behind closed doors, bribe its membership, & marginalize those who couldn’t be co-opted or bribed.

I never thought I’d see the congress of The United States act so arrogantly, saying - “we’re not worried about the Constitution,” or “there are no rules here, we’re making it up as we go along,” & calling our Founding Fathers a bunch of “old rich white men.”

I never thought I’d see the day when the President, the Speaker of the House, & other leaders would so shamelessly destroy the trust the people have always given them & be affected by it about as much a gnat landing on their sleeve.

I never thought I’d see a president & congress take an oath to uphold the law, & then turn around & in one fell swoop strike death-blows to the many accomplishments of Statesmen & Patriots over a span of more than two-hundred years. I wonder; are America’s leaders out to destroy Western Civilization?

I never thought I’d see the day when we no longer felt our leaders worked for us but rather, -now, we work for them, & elected officials would place their personal preferences above the welfare of the nation.

I never thought I’d see such naked abuse of power; when congress wouldn’t act in our best interest but conversely, treat us like juveniles -saying –“when you see what we’re ‘getting you,’ you’ll like it.” Really?

I never thought I’d see the day when our congress would, irregardless of public outcries, like a drunken deaf-mute, waltz happily off the cliff of fiscal irresponsibility.

I never thought I’d see the day when a group of grown men & women would forget that “Robin Hood’s goals didn’t justify Robin Hood’s actions” & good intentions can’t provide cover for criminal activity.

Mr. Obama, I never thought I’d see the day when the press, who obviously are so jaded & debauched that they have turned the truth into a lie, would forget that their Constitutional duty is to be a clearing house for the truth. Our national press whose job it is to keep watch over our government, whether it is led by Democrats or Republicans, today is firmly ensconced in your hip pocket.

I never thought I’d see the president, congress & the press actually believe they’d “pulled the wool” over the electorate’s eyes on health care, saying concern for the uninsured caused them to engage in unbelievable corruption, based on lust for power & control.

When you mock the tea-party movement, & equate their skepticism of your administration with a tendency toward violence, you are reminiscent of a hospital patient strolling down the hall with no idea his gown is open, giving a whole new meaning to “the ICU unit.” Treating a large segment of the population with disdain as you do makes it obvious to us that you’re trying to camouflage your fear with sarcasm.

Speaking of the tea parties, I noted that when asked what you thought of the tax day tea parties, you said you were "unaware of them." My question would be, were you "unaware" of them in the same sense that you were "unaware" of the sermons preached in the church you & your family attended for twenty years? Were you unaware in the same sense that you were unaware that your own aunt was living in this country illegally? Were you unaware in the same sense you were unaware your own brother was living on pennies a day in Kenya? Were you unaware in the same sense that you were unaware of the fact that a man you nominated for Secretary of Commerce was under investigation in a bribery scandal? Were you unaware in the same sense that you were unaware the man you nominated for Secretary of Health & Human Services was a tax cheat? Were you unaware in the same sense that you were unaware that the man you nominated to be Secretary of the Treasury was a tax cheat? Were you unaware in the same sense that you were unaware that the men you nominated for U.S Trade Representative & Chief Performance Officer were also tax cheats? Were you unaware in the same sense that you were unaware that the man you nominated to be #2 at the Environmental protection Agency was under investigation for mismanaging $25 million in EPA grants?

With all due respect sir, it seems to me there are people in comas who're more aware of what's going on than you are.

I for one am not a hater & I don’t believe the people who form the resistance to your agenda are either. We just believe that your health care program is more about creating more government dependency than it is about health. We do have a strong conviction that the temporary inhabitants of high office should comply with the Constitution, honor God-given unalienable rights, & respect our hard-earned private property. Frankly, it does seem to me that the left hates America when they’re not running it.

You are oblivious to the people who’re watching you, like a man who is jabbering away unaware of the glob of mayonnaise clinging to the corner of his mouth while the rest of us keep motioning for him to wipe it off -to no avail.

I never thought I’d see the day so many principles would be sacrificed on the alter of one issue [health care] & so many Americans would go to the streets because they had no where else to go, feeling they were now at the mercy of tyrants.

I never thought I’d see the day in America when we could no longer express our disapproval with words like Disappointment & Disillusionment. Now we find ourselves using words like, Shocked, Disgusted, Terrified, Outraged & Infuriated.

HOWEVER MR. OBAMA, I'D LIKE TO THANK YOU

You have awakened a sleeping giant. You’ve done a favor for the conservative’s that no one else could do. You’ve galvanized us & filled us with an awesome resolve & in your heart I think you know what that portends for you in November. Bill Clinton assured you if you got your version of health care passed your popularity would skyrocket. Just the opposite happened. If it’s humanly possible, your health care bill will be repealed & de-funded in coming months & years.

You were unwise to allow blind ambition to cause you to want too much too soon, but in your over-reach, your “fig leaves” drooped, showing us who you really are.

I also thank you for reminding us of something we temporarily forgot;
Laws mean nothing if they can’t or won’t be enforced. We also forgot that in electing a president we give him the power to destroy us if he so chooses. Is that what you really are attempting to do?

Know this; we’ll never trust you again & it’s a good guess that we’ll never trust national leadership again, at least not for a very long time.

America made a dreadful mistake in electing you. We were gullible. We should have educated ourselves much more than we did about the leaders who would impact our lives in such profound ways. The clarion call- “Wake up America” hasn’t been used over & over for decades for no reason.

It doesn’t do us any good to stick our heads in the sand at this point, because-at least for now - you own the beach.

But we’ll turn this situation around. We’ll turn it around with work, fervent prayer & at the ballot box in November. The sheep that stood still while they were being shorn won’t stand so silently when you start skinning them, & you will.

I have many regrets as I write this letter. Although few would listen to me, I did write several articles before you were elected, pointing out that we didn’t even know who you were. I’m sure I was preaching to the choir. I regret I couldn’t do more, but I’m not a political operative & don’t do this for a living.

I never thought in my worst nightmares that I’d end up feeling like I feel at this moment, -but here I am.

Just remember this truism ; “Once bitten, twice shy!”

We will not forget. As far as the election of this coming November is concerned, we’re there.


May God save our great Republic! I believe He will.


Regards,


John A. Stallings

No comments: