Monday, May 26, 2008

The church in Palm Harbor


By John Stallings

Juda and I just returned from the Clearwater, Florida area where we filled the pulpit for Joe and Kathy Peterson. They pastor Christ Church, in the town of Palm harbor, just off Hi-way 19-N-juxtaposed between Tarpon Springs and St. Petersburg.

The Petersons are long-time friends of ours and they hadn’t missed a Sunday in their church in eleven years. I don’t know about you but that’s impressive to me.

Joe Peterson and I met more than 35 years ago when we were both traveling evangelists. He and his lovely wife Kathy left the evangelistic field eleven years ago and assumed the pastorate in Palm Harbor with no membership and only twelve in attendance in their first service.

I was one of the dozen people present that day and drove down to be with them for in their first service for moral support. Juda and I have returned over a dozen times during the years as pulpit guests. Each time we return we see new faces and this past week was no exception. The Peterson’s hard work, prayer and their love for people has paid off in spades.

The Sunday morning service is now running at capacity, just over 150, and their mid-week service is almost filled to capacity. This is due to Brother Peterson’s dynamic preaching as well as a well rounded music and worship experience that blesses the heart, and last but certainly not least, the moving of the Holy Ghost in the services. There is definitely liberty in the house.

The church is looking for a larger building and I predict when they find other facilities they will explode with growth. Juda and I love to go to Palm Harbor because we know we won’t have to try to raise the “spiritually dead,” but are ourselves refreshed as we enjoy worshipping with these good people.

I haven’t posted much lately but will have a new message up within days that I believe will bless and inspire you.

Blessings,

John

No comments: